DeNami Amazon Store

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DeNami Instagram

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, January 21, 2013

Button Boutique #1




















Welcome! Today marks my very first special feature for DeNami Design ~ Button Boutique! I will admit I have a HUGE fondness for buttons and try to work them into my card designs when I can. My plans for this feature are to inspire you with projects using buttons in unique ways. Then transforming that idea into a card or tag! I have about a million ideas floating around in my noggin, but I've narrowed it down to six features. One a month from now through June. Lets get started shall we...

When I was in first grade one of my very best friends had mittens on a string that ran through the sleeves of her coat. Now to the 6 year old little girl that I was I thought they were simply fabulous!!!  Those little wooly mittens dangling at the ends of her sleeves as we played on the playground were the inspiration for my first project. Honestly I don't think she ever actually wore those mittens!

I've taken these splendid DeNami products and turned them into this sweet little project!


 The beautiful stamped image is from the ornamental centerpieces set.

I am so pleased with the way these turned out and can see many uses for them. Ornaments, garlands, wreaths or even the front of your card designs! Look how absolutely sweet they look with my tiny skates!!!


Finally I transformed this idea into a card with the addition of the mini open button image and a portion of a sentiment stamp. (supply list below)


Thanks for stopping by the Button Boutique today! You can find a beautiful assortment of buttons at the DeNami Design Store. I would love to see your button adorned mittens if you give this project a go.  Send me an email with your link and I'll stop by for a visit!  

~Lisa


 
NOT LISTED: white, kraft, warm brown inks, Rick Rack felt, decorative papers, Gelly Roll white pen, Gelly Roll glitter pen

11 comments:

June Houck said...

This mitten card is precious! I love all of the buttons :)

Tina M said...

I am simply blown away, Lisa! Beautiful, inspiring and drown right awesome!! I can't wait for next months feature...what wonderfulness!

Emily Keaton said...

Hooray for Lisa's very first Button Boutique feature! She definitely did DeNami Design proud with this :-). Can't wait to see what else she has up her sleeve!

Dana said...

Absolutely unbelievablly awesome post Lisa. I NEED a garland of mittens now. NEED I tell ya! :)

Marlena M. said...

Lisa, this is incredible! I love the gathering of buttons on this project~

Auntie Em said...

Your little mittens are precious! I love the inked gingham and the snowflake design matched to the them for the card background.
Thanks for sharing this pretty idea! :)

Michelle said...

Awesome post, Lisa! Love these adorable mittens! Just pinned then...not sure if I did correctly.

Stacy said...

This is outstanding! Gorgeous mittens, gorgeous photos. It is amazing :) I want to try this out on a heart.

~Tammy~ said...

Lisa, you are speaking my language girl! Love this little project! So very sweet in so many ways! I love those button embellished mittens on the card as well as paired with the skates! :-)))

Lisa Petrella said...

GORGEOUS projects, Lisa, and an ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC feature!!!! You did such an AMAZING job with this!!!

Deb said...

Fabulous project, Lisa!!! I am so in love with this!

Search

Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Join DeNami InTouch

enter your email address

Blog Archive