DeNami Amazon Store

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DeNami Instagram

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, April 22, 2013

Ways With Washi #4

Hello, hello, DeNami friends! It's Emily here with another edition of Ways With Washi! Looking for more ways to use washi tapein your papercrafting and cardmaking? Today I'm sharing ways to add subtle dimension with pleated washi tape. I have four samples to illustrate how to incoporate pleats, so let's get started, shall we?

My first card is a rather simple and straightforward one. I used a single strip of pleated DeNami Design Black/ White Dots washi tape as a design element right down the enter of my card. Pleating washi tape is SO much easier than pleating ribbon! Plus, there's no need to consider how to adhere or attach it to your project as there would be with pleated ribbon. And white it adds more dimension to your card than flat washi tape, pleated washi tape is far flatter (and certainly more compressible!) than pleated ribbon.


On my second card, I got a little more creative wit the "single pleated strip" approach! After pleating a strip of DeNami Orange Stripes washi tape, I trimmed it into three long sections to create a wonderfully dimension flam, tinged exhaust plume for the super fun Rocketship.


Now how about a girly card? Pleats are perfect for frilly, feminine designs, too. For my third card, I layered five different strips of narrowly pleated washi tape (DeNami Pink Stripes and Green Stripes washi tapes) as a base for my trio of DeNami Flower Blooms on this bright and happy Mother's Day card.



Pleating washi tape makes it oh-so-easy to adhere it along curves. So for my final card today, I am showcasing pleated washi as a ruffled circular frame on my blue-ribbon card! For this card I used DeNami Blue/ White Dots washi tape.


Here's a hint for pleating washi tape: do your pleating while working on wax paper and then transfer it to your project. The tape will stick lightly to the was paper while you work with it but will release easily (like removing a sticker's backing sheet) when you are ready to move it. If you'd like to trim a strip of pleated washi tape into long sections like I did on my rocket card, leave it adhered to the wax paper while you do your trimming with scissors.

I do believe that wraps up my April Ways With Washi!


Interested in winning a roll of washi tape for yourself? I'm giving away a roll of DeNami washi tape over on My Little Slice of Bliss today-- and let's throw in a DeNami 3'pack of twine this month, too. I hope you'll stop by my blog for a chance to comment and win! 

Thanks for stopping by today!
Emily

8 comments:

Dana said...

You are SO creative Emily! I love the rocket ship trails and the pleated blue ribbon! Genius and such perfect execution.

Tina M said...

Ohh my goodness, this is amazing, Emily!! I just love the pretty little pleats and the creative ways you've used them...ADORABLE!

Greta said...

Oh Emily--I haven't been on the Washi bandwagon, but you've changed that today! I absolutely love the pleated Washi & will give it a try with the couple rolls I have. Heading to your blog for a chance to get some of DeNami's great Washi as I don't have any.

Lisa Elton said...

You rocked the washi again Emily, LOVE the rocket ship card!!

Dorina D said...

Very cute. great tutorial on pleating washi tape - great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

awesome cards!

Sue D said...

VEry creative and great tips.

Indy's Designs said...

Love the pleated Washi tape! All the projects are super-duper awesome!
{hugs}
Indy

Search

Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Join DeNami InTouch

enter your email address

Blog Archive