DeNami Amazon Store

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DeNami Instagram

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Teacher Thank You Notes

Today's cards and treats come courtesy of the super sweet, Deb at My Craftroom Creations! Another post that was made possible by a sweet DT member!
It’s the end of the school year which means that it is time to say thank you to all the teacher's and staff that have influenced our children.  My daughter’s teachers have made her first year of Kindergarten so very special. Since Leah loves to create, she was eager to help make thank you notes for her teachers.
 
To create these thank you notes, I created a cut file in my Silhouette for the adorable Small Apple image. You can also use scissors to fussy cut the image, but my Silhouette helped to expedite this mass production of apples that were needed.


Leah reminded me that she wanted to use my Copics and would be careful because they “bleed”. You’ve got to love what a 5 year old says!  I tried to show her some shading (although I am no expert) and then let her go to town. Although I trimmed the cardstock and foam adhesive, she stamped her sentiment and adhered everything.

Since she needed 6 cards, she said she would make 4 of them and that I could make the other 2. So I used some graph paper left over another project to create my cards using the same sentiment and image.

 
These thank you notes needed something sweet to accompany them, so we made a Butter Crunch recipe. We placed them into our Clear Gusseted Bags and tied them off with a bread tie. I die cut a tag and again, used the same image and sentiment. I attached the tags with some Baker’s Twine.
  
Making multiple thank you cards does not have to be a daunting task. Enlist the help of your little one. It all comes together quickly and you get to enjoy some special one on one time.

If you haven't visited Deb's blog recently, be sure to stop by. She's been creating so many cute things recently. Also, every once in a while her daughter will share one of her creations, which is always such a day brightener. This sweet mother/ daughter duo has so much creativity! 

I hope that you'll come back tomorrow as we will have a new Photo Tutorial by Emily. It's a fun one!


NOT LISTED: Copic markers, foam adhesive, scissors/ Silhouette machine, graph paper, tag die


4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Darling cards and treats Deb! I enjoy it when Leah crafts with you, she's a budding artist!!

Dorina D said...

Adorable Teacher thank you's. Love your daughter's work too. Thanks for sharing,

Greta said...

How absolutely wonderful! Such a great mom to have your little girl involved like this.

Unknown said...

Sweet projects! I love the single apple...when is Leah going to join the DT full-time? She's so talented!

Search

Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Join DeNami InTouch

enter your email address

Blog Archive