DeNami Amazon Store

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DeNami Instagram

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, December 6, 2013

Take 3: Medium Pine

Hello! It's Lisa P. here sharing a concept I call "Take Three," which involves using a selected stamp to create cards in three different styles for three different occasions. Today I'm focusing on the I20 Medium Pine stamp.
http://denamidesign.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=327

I originally picked up this stamp to create Christmas cards, and you can find this stamp categorized under "Christmas" in the DeNami Design store. So, for my first example today, here's a clean and simple holiday card.

 
I embossed the I20 Medium Pine in white onto a kraft cardstock panel, which gives it a wintery look. I also embossed the star on top, which is actually one of the stars from I40 Moon & Stars (pretty handy!). I drew the hills onto vellum strips, cut them out, and erased the pencil lines. I then stamped the sentiment in red ink onto the bottom of one of the vellum strips and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I attached the hills to the panel with vellum adhesive, tied on some jute rope for a rustic touch, and adhered the completed panel to the card front with foam squares.

I think these would make wonderful holiday cards and would be easy to mass-produce. They may require a little extra postage though due to the rope and raised panel (so you'd want to check with your local post office before putting them in the mail).

Now...time to think outside of the "Christmas" box with the I20 Medium Pine stamp. Next up I've created a one-layer, all-occasion notecard.

 
This card literally took just minutes to make, and it's perfect for any occasion. I simply stamped the I20 Medium Pine repeatedly in two different shades of green ink, varying the height of the stamp to create interest. Then, I chose a sentiment from my stash and added it just above the trees. How fun would it be to create a set of these, tie them up with twine, hemp cord or ribbon, and give them to a friend, neighbor, or co-worker?!?! I always love having simple notecards like this on hand, and I'm sure others do too!

For my third take on the I20 Medium Pine stamp, I've used the image to build a scene. And what could be more ideal than a forest for Chickie In A Tent to camp out in?!?!


I stamped the tree image in two different shades of green ink (just like I did on the previous card) only this time I left room at the bottom for the "ground." Then, I stamped Chickie In A Tent and added a shooting star and the sentiment above him. I added color with markers and a touch of glitter to the star. I think this would make a super fun birthday card for someone who loves the great outdoors!

Well, thanks for checking out my "Take Three" post today! I hope I've inspired you!

Have a FABULOUS weekend!!!
Supplies:

"Holiday Cheer" Card:
Stamps: I20 Medium Pine, TR07 Holiday Greetings Stamp Set, I40 Moon & Stars
Ink: TK-VM001 VersaMark, TK-VF010 Satin Red Versafine
Embossing Powder: EP06 White, Clear (American Crafts)
Cardstock: PC21 White and Brown Kraft (DeNami Design)
Vellum: (DeNami Design)
Fibers: Jute Rope (Canvas Corp)
Vellum Adhesive: (Tombow)
Tool: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (EK Success)

"Just A Note" Card:
Stamps: I20 Medium Pine, TR16 All Occasion Sentiments Stamp Set
Ink: Pistachio, Olive Grove, Espresso Truffle Memento (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Brown Kraft (DeNami Design)
Tool: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (EK Success)

"Make A Wish" Card:
Stamps: I20 Medium Pine, E170 Chickie In A Tent, PF47 Outer Space Stamp Set, F156 Make A Wish
Ink: TK-ME900 Tuxedo Black, Pistachio, Olive Grove, Teal Zeal Memento (Tsukineko)
Copic Sketch Markers
Cardstock: PC21 White, Charcoal, Brown Kraft (DeNami Design)
Tools: Edge Distresser (Heidi Swapp), Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (EK Success)
atyou Spica Glitter Pen: Clear (Too Marker Products Inc)
Fibers: Natural Hemp Cord (Hemptique) 

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love all of these Lisa!! The camping scene is brilliant!!

Emily Keaton said...

What a great idea, Lisa! I loved seeing all three awesome takes on this cool pine stamp :)

Dana said...

These are fabulous Lisa! I love the first one and just did something simiolar for the hop on Sunday;), but oh, that second one stole my heart! Simply lovely.

Dorina D said...

These are gorgeous, Love this stamp and how you used it. So cute and clever.

Greta said...

These are wonderful, Lisa! I have that tree, but I think it's the bigger one. Thanks for the inspiration--I especially love your second card!

Search

Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Join DeNami InTouch

enter your email address

Blog Archive