Saturday, December 27, 2014
Sometimes we see a company and ASSUME that it is a big corporation with big offices, stock holders, pensions, and CEO's. Well, DeNami is a family owned business with a real person named Nami!
If you have ever been to a stamp show in your area and DeNami was exhibiting there, chances are you met Nami there. Yup, she is still behind DeNami and behind it even more than ever.
I thought it would be fun for you to see how much you know about Nami. You might know a lot, but you might know nothing. Test and see.
See how well you know Nami:
1)How many kids does she have?
2) Where was Nami born?
3) When did DeNami begin?
4) What is her hubby's name?
5) Where did she learn her art?
A) New York School of Art
B) San Francisco University
C) Cornish Institute of Art
D) Self taught
6)What is Nami's age?
A) 20 something
B) 30 something
C) 40 something
D) 50 something
1) C. She has 5 kids!! And lived to tell about it!... It is kind of frightening to imagine I survived 5 child births, 4 of which were natural and without drugs. Yes, I must boast because with all that suffering, I should at least get to boast about that. It doesn't count that the first time it happened it was purely by accident. I asked for drugs, but they said it was too late.
2) D. Yes, she was born in Chile. Pronounced "Chee Le" not "Chili". Though she really does like chili, she doesn't like to think she was born in it, therefore she likes it. Her parents met in Chile, fell in love and she was born there.
She actually understands some spanish, though it's been a lifetime since she lived there. Anyone out there from Chile?
3) B. 1989 was a long time ago, in fact, another century. She still thinks of herself as young, until she has to scroll a looooooong time to find her birth year when filling out online forms. Sigh...
4) A. Though many have called him Greg. I have been tempted to start calling him that. I think he would answer to it if I did.
No, he is not named Dean or Denny, as some thought the "De" in "DeNami" was.
5) D. Yes, she was self taught for the most part. She has taken classes, gone to conferences, but no formal training that would result in any letters following her name (ie. PhD, MD...)
One customer did ask that at a show and she replied, "Good! They would've ruined you!" I always laugh when I think of that.
6) C. In spirit, I am 20 something, but physically I must confess to being 40 something. I still remember when 30 something was OLD. Now 50 something is a young chicken in my eyes.
Hope you enjoyed getting to know Nami better. She does like to have fun and laugh. Hopefully, this made you laugh, too.
Be sure to LIKE our Facebook page. We are always interacting there and that's where the fun begins!
- Blog Hop
- Card Kits
- Circle Stamps
- Fabulous 3 Spotlight
- Guest Designer
- Pop Up Cards
- Product Spotlight
- Sneak Peek
- Thank You
- Tropical Dreams
- Ways with Washi