DeNami Amazon Store

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DeNami Instagram

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, February 13, 2015

Using a Sketch (How To)

Hi friends!

I am so excited to share what Deb has created. At DeNami, we have been working on creating creative blogposts and projects that are interesting to you as a reader and stamper. Deb hit the nail on the head with this post!

If you have been following blogs, you have likely seen "Sketches" or "Challenges" to enter or follow. Deb is going to show you how to create cards based on Sketches.

Her Sketch is this:

 


When you see this, there are a variety of ways to base your card on this sketch. Here is how Deb does it. She writes:
Hello friends! It’s Deb here today. Have you ever created a card and realized that you could use the sketch over and over again? Well, I have created a few cards in the past using a certain sketch and thought I would create a few more using it again.

Here are the cards from the past.


The sketch uses an A2 card rectangle and a circle in the top portion as a focal point. You can create a patterned background like I did for the Beautiful Blossoms blog hop or keep it plain. I think this sketch works great for small images that you want as the focal point or to emphasize a sentiment.

For my first card, I inked up E182 Little Wagon, B118 Little Hearts and the sentiment is from CR02Monster Love Clear stamp set. I added a bow using some twine from my Classic Twine pack.


My second card uses one of the gorgeous sentiments and accent from CR04 Heartfelt Blessings clear stamp set and some twine from my Pastel twine pack.
I hope you have been inspired to look back at some of your creations and find a sketch that you can work with to create more cards and projects. Thanks for stopping by!



http://mycraftroomcreations.blogspot.com

1 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

So super cute Deb, great variety from one sketch!!

Search

Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Join DeNami InTouch

enter your email address

Blog Archive