DeNami Amazon Store

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DeNami Instagram

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, January 18, 2016

"We Go Together" Valentine's Day Card and Design Team Member Introduction

 Hi Friends,

This week is our kick off of the new design team and we will be introducing each of them this week! Be sure to check back each day to meet them all. Today's first design team member is Lisa Petrella. She has been with us for over 5 years now. I have had the privilege of meeting her in person at a show in Colorado and fell in love with her. She has an infectious laughter and smile. She truly exudes joy and love. You will see from her projects her fun personality comes out with the sweetness and cuteness.

It was fun to learn more about her in her personal bio. I look forward to having you enjoy her as much as we have. Be sure to read all the way through as she did today's special project! Be sure to follow her on Instagram @ l.petrella. She will be happy to see you there!  

This week's projects from the design team focuses on Valentine's Day. Check back each day to pick up new ideas and tips from them! Today we will also be announcing the winners of this season's Sneak Peek Week at noon EST. Check back then and good luck!

~Nami
http://bellalistona.blogspot.com


Hi! My name is Lisa Petrella. My husband, Tony, and I live in the beautiful foothills of Colorado. We have a totally loveable 12 year old cat named Oliver James and a super energetic 8 month old yellow lab named Pepper Ella. I’ve been a part of the DeNami Design DT since December 2010, and I absolutely love working with their fabulous products! Nami is an amazing artist, and she and her family are truly some of the sweetest and most genuine people I’ve ever met.

Being creative makes me happy, and I’m slightly addicted to stamps, paper, and ink. I love to design and create cards, tags, gift/treat packaging, and invitations. Some of my favorite stamping techniques include heat embossing, paper piecing, and using stamps to create patterns/backgrounds. One of my goals for 2016 is to step out of my creative comfort zone and experiment with some new (to me) techniques.

I used to craft late into the night, but I’ve had to alter my schedule a bit since we brought our puppy home last June. Now I squeeze my crafting time in when the puppy is resting or out training in the field with Tony. As a result, my studio time has been somewhat limited. However, I have found that getting outside and hiking with Pepper every day breathes new inspiration and energy into my life, which actually fuels my creativity.

In addition to stamping I love hiking, skiing, snowshoeing, camping, reading, cooking, and spending time with friends and family. My husband and I also love to travel (within the U.S. and abroad). We’ve spent time in Italy, New Zealand, Australia, Tahiti, Denmark, Malta, England, etc. There are so many places we want to visit and so many cultures we want to experience. Who knows where our next adventure will take us!
~ Lisa

Hello, DeNami Design friends! It’s Lisa P. Today I’m sharing a sweet little Valentine’s Day card that features a couple of new stamps released by DeNami Design last Friday and a few previously released images.

So…I’ve been on a mission to totally clean-out and reorganize my craft studio. It’s been a process (a very slow moving process), and along the way I’ve uncovered quite a few stamps that have never seen ink before (gasp!). The PF18 Veggies Stamp Set is one of those sets. So, when I saw it, I started thinking about it. And as I thought more and more about it I eventually came up with the idea to make it one of my “pairs” in a “We go together like…” card. Here’s what I came up with:




I printed the sentiment onto white cardstock using the Freestyle Script Font in Microsoft Word. I cut the sentiment panel to 3.25” x 5.5” and die-cut the stitching marks down the left-hand edge. I stamped my pairs of images underneath the sentiment and colored them with markers.

I took a blank, top-folding A2 card and masked off the section above the fold line with post-it notes. Using the N128 Three Line Border stamp and black ink, I created a plaid strip down the left-hand edge of my card. First, I started at the top and worked my way down, angling the stamp (like a forward slash / ). Then, I flipped my card upside down. I started at the top and worked my way down, angling the stamp (like a backslash \ ).





Creating plaids with the N128 Three Line Border stamp is one of my favorite things to do! You can keep the plaid design one color OR you can use two or more colors. I even have a second N128 Three Line Border stamp in my collection (and who knows…maybe even a third that I haven’t uncovered yet…ha!) specifically for this purpose! That way I don’t have to keep cleaning the stamp as often in between switching ink colors.

I stamped “Happy Valentine’s Day” on the inside of my card, but this would also make a super fun anniversary card!

I hope you like my creation for today! Thanks for visiting!

DeNami Design Supplies:

Other Supplies:
Dye Ink, Markers, White Cardstock, Dies, Adhesive, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig


http://bellalistona.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I have always enjoyed your DeNami work Lisa and today in no exception!! CUTE card and a fun bio!! Congrats on another DT term!

Migdalia said...

Congrats on your DT term. A wonderful bio!!Super cute card.
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Jung AhSang said...

Hi Lisa! Super cute card! Love it!

Search

Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Join DeNami InTouch

enter your email address

Blog Archive