DeNami Amazon Store

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DeNami Instagram

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Happy Under the Sea Card



Hi Everyone!

Elizabeth here with another fun card for DeNami Design! This week’s theme is the beach but I decided to take it a step further and make a fun under the sea card! Lately I have been trying different techniques and combining them together. This card combines ink blending and watercoloring! I love how this card came out!







I will tell you upfront that this card is more involved than most of my cards and it took me about 2 hours to create it. I blame all the fussy cutting! For this card, I stamped out all of my images, and a few extra, onto some masking paper using a black dye ink. You can use any ink that you have on hand and if you don’t have masking paper you can use post it tape. I fussy cut out all of the images, which if you know me, I hate fussy cutting but it was worth it for this card! Next, I created my scene by placing the masks on smooth white cardstock. I did some ink blending over the masks to create the sand at the bottom of the sea and the water. At first, I was applying the ink using the circle motion but the edge of my masks kept coming up so I switched to pouncing instead and I love the results that I got! After I finished the ink blending, I spritzed the panel with some water and let it set for about 20 seconds and then picked up the water with a paper towel. I removed the masks and my sea animals were mostly clean so that I could watercolor them. Before I colored them in I die cut my panel with a stitched rectangle die. Next, I colored them in using dye inks as my watercolor with a water brush. After I colored them I adhered the panel to a top folding A2 card base. To finish the card, I add some glitter with a sparkle pen on top of all the sea animals and sea shells. It’s very hard to photograph the sparkle you get the from glitter from the glitter pens but I promise you, it’s there and it’s gorgeous! 

I hope my card inspires you to try a new technique and combine techniques to create some fabulous cards! Until next time!



DeNami Supplies:


http://elizabethgcreations.com

0 comments:

Search

Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Join DeNami InTouch

enter your email address

Blog Archive