DeNami Amazon Store

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DeNami Instagram

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, May 4, 2015

Count Your Rainbows Card

Hi DeNami friends,
DT Lisa created a lovely card to brighten up someone you care about. Being on social media makes me all the more aware of people being sick, going through loss, facing life changes, etc. There are many people I know that can just use a friend to let them know they are not alone and to remind them of what they truly have. For me, it often takes hard times to, all the more, appreciate the good times. I would imagine you are like me, as well as your friends.

When I designed the stamp F241 "Count Your Rainbows, Not Your Storms", it really spoke to me about looking at the bright side, because there is always a bright side. It's all in perspective.

Recently, having been struck with diverticulitis (you can read about it here) and being in bed for 3 weeks, I had to face looking at the bright side myself. It made me grateful for what I did have. I was grateful for medication that could make me better eventually, I was grateful that it was a temporary condition, vs those that face cancer and might not know if they are going to get better. I was grateful for my family who helped me face it day by day. I was grateful for friends who came to cheer me up.... I could go on and on.

I am better now, but those lessons I learned will be engraved on my heart forever. I don't know what you are facing, but keep counting your rainbows. There are many, you just have to look intently at times.

I hope today you will find a rainbow in your day.

~Nami

Here's Lisa's heartwarming card. Enjoy!

Hello, crafty friends! Lisa P here with an uplifting Springtime card using a fun technique and one of my all-time favorite DeNami Design sentiments.

To start, I took a white cardstock panel and inked it up with four different distress ink colors (in rainbow order).



I cut a vellum panel (same size as the cardstock panel), and embossed the CL-F241 Count Your Rainbows sentiment onto the panel with white embossing powder. I adhered the vellum over the top of the inked panel and just look at how the vellum really softens those ink colors. So pretty. (Note: Even though I used a vellum adhesive, I can still see the adhesive at the top of my focal panel. If I were to recreate this card, I would only use the adhesive behind the umbrella accent or use ribbon at the top to better hide the adhesive. Live and learn, right??)



I couldn’t resist paper piecing the J135 Large Open Umbrella image with some polka dot patterned paper, and I also embossed polka dots onto the larger white panel beneath it as well. And the 4mm Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh make perfect raindrops.



I hope you like my card for today and feel inspired to try out this technique!

Have a wonderful day!!!

DeNami Design Supplies:
Embossing Powder: EP06 White
Cardstock: PC21 White
Vellum: PC07 White

Other Supplies:
Ink: Picked Raspberry/Spiced Marmalade/Mustard Seed/Peacock Feathers Distress Ink (Tim Holtz)
Cardstock: White (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Bitty Dot Basics (Papertrey Ink)
Dies: Nesting Card Templates (Lifestyle Crafts)
Embossing Folder: Polka Dots (QuicKutz)
Sequins: 4mm Sparkling Clear (Pretty Pink Posh)
Embroidery Thread: Black (Janlynn)
Glitter Pen: Clear Wink of Stella (Zig)
Tool: Mini Ink Blending Tool (Ranger)
Adhesive: Vellum Adhesive (Tombow), Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal), Mono Multi Liquid Glue (Tombow), Matte Multi-Medium (Claudine Hellmuth), Foam Tape (3M)

http://bellalistona.blogspot.com


2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty card Lisa! I love the way the vellum overlay softens the background!

Greta said...

I just love this card, Lisa! That sentiment is going to the top of my wishlist! Thanks for the inspiration!

Search

Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Join DeNami InTouch

enter your email address

Blog Archive