DeNami Amazon Store

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DeNami Instagram

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Coffee Owl Card and Design Team Member Introduction

Hi Friends,

Today we introduce you to another of our design team members. Her name is Elizabeth. I came across her on our Facebook page, I saw her many projects posted on social media AND I recognized her as a regular customer of DeNami and knew she was passionate about DeNami and stamping.

Though we have never met face to face, she has a creative spirit and is always eager to learn more about her art. She has a variety of styles, but always has an attention to detail. Enjoy meeting her and learning  from her.

Be sure to not only read her bio, but also scroll all the way to the bottom to see her fun project for today, a coffee themed card that can be used for Valentine's Day or just about anytime. Follow her on Instagram @ elizabethgcreations

~ Nami


Hi Everyone!

My name is Elizabeth Gunn and I am from Cincinnati, Ohio, home of Cincinnati Chili and the Bengals. I am married to my loving husband Mike and I have a beautiful teenage stepdaughter. We also have two cats that are my fur babies named Baby Girl and Sheldon Cooper Gunn. Right now I work part time at a retail store which means that I have to do my creating when I get a chance. I began stamping about 3 years ago when I decided that I wanted to start a business creating handmade greeting cards. I started watching YouTube videos to learn everything that I could about stamping and that was when I came across DeNami Design and I fell in love with her little chickies. Since then I have been hooked! My favorite tool to use while stamping is the MISTI. You will learn quickly that I use it a lot. Also, I love adding glitter and shine to as many cards as possible. I am also a big fan of the flip cards and have started getting into box cards also. I can’t wait to share with you my creations and I hope that you learn some new techniques and create some wonderful projects.

~ Elizabeth


Hi DeNami Friends!

Today’s project was inspired my husband, Mike, and his love of coffee! I thought to myself what would be a great card for Mike to give to me for Valentine’s Day? That’s when I remembered the new coffee stamps and said, "perfect"!

The card base is a piece of white cardstock cut to make a 5” square, top folding card. The red polka dot pattern paper is cut to 4.75”x4.75” and the stamped panel is 4”x4”. I used a pencil and a ruler to draw a 1” grid on my stamp panel so that I would know where to stamp the square stitched border. I used grey dye ink to stamp the border inside each of the square of the grid. Next, I stamped the coffee cup in red dye ink inside of each of the squares. After looking high and low for my good eraser, I erased the gridlines that I had created. On a scrap of white cardstock I stamped the square border in the same red dye ink and the owl in the tea cup in black dye ink. With Copic markers, I colored in the owl and the teacup. On the edge of the paper I used a grey marker to give it a more finished look. For the greeting I used an alphabet stamp set and stamped the greeting in black dye ink on both the front of the card and the inside of the card. I adhered the red polka dot pattern paper to the card base and then my stamped panel. I used foam tape to adhere the owl in the tea cup to center of my card. I hope that you enjoyed todays project!






DeNami Supplies:
A 105 Mini Coffee Cup


http://elizabethgcreations.com

4 comments:

Lisa Petrella said...

So much fun to learn more about Elizabeth!!! And what an adorable and perfect Valentine for her husband! Love the sweet little images and the fun sentiments inside and out!!

Jung AhSang said...

Hi Elizabeth! Super cute card!

Shelly said...

Adorable card!!

Helen Gullett said...

Awwwwwww this is the sweetest!

Search

Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Join DeNami InTouch

enter your email address

Blog Archive