DeNami Amazon Store

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DeNami Instagram

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

All About Layers- Day 2 "Monster Birthday Card)

Hi Everyone!

I always feel like birthday cards for boys are little harder than ones for girls. This week I made a birthday card for boys using Happy Monster Party and layering 2 border stamps to create my background. I have to say that this one of my favorite boy birthday cards that I have created!

To create the background, I used the Three Line Border and Stitched Border stamps to create a fun plaid background. The colors for background are yellow, red, light blue, and green dye inks. I chose the colors to coordinate with the monsters. The monsters were stamped in black ink and colored in with Copic markers. Next, I cut out the frame and the monsters using the same die. The die creates both a frame and the panel so I used the both the panel piece for the monsters and the frame that it cut out of the white cardstock. I ran the die through again with the red polka dot pattern paper to create the red frame. Next, I adhered the red frame to the white cardstock frame to add a little dimension. To assemble the card, I adhered the plaid panel on my base and then my frame at an angle on top of that. Last, I placed the monsters inside the frame.

I think this card is so cute and fun to give to a boy for his birthday! I hope that you enjoyed my card this week!




I think this card is so cute and fun to give to a boy for his birthday! I hope that you enjoyed my card this week!


DeNami Supplies:



2 comments:

Unknown said...


Thanks to the writer of this article. I appreciate your effort in making this informational blogs. I know it's not easy to do this but you have done a really great job. I'm pretty sure your readers enjoying it a lots.

www.imarksweb.org

Lisa Petrella said...

Super fun card!!! Those monsters always make me smile!!!

Search

Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Join DeNami InTouch

enter your email address

Blog Archive