Thursday, June 23, 2016
Hello DeNami Friends!
Today, I've got a DIY traveler's notebook for you! If you follow my blog or instagram, you'll know that I have been obsessed with traveler's notebooks, especially making my own! Today I will show you how to make your own, and embellish them using DeNami design stamps!
You may or may not know that my family & I are joyfully expecting baby #3! I wanted a place to document my pregnancy. I used to have a pregnancy journal that I used for both of my previous pregnancies, but I can't seem to find it, so I decided to make my own "baby bear/bump" traveler's notebook.
I really hope you enjoy my project, and I hope I inspired you to DIY your own traveler's notebook!
To make the traveler's notebook:
- I cut down a piece of craft cardstock to 9 x 8 inches, then scored down the middle, so my traveler's notebook would measure 4 1/2 x 8 inches.
- I cut down some graph paper (torn out of a spiral notebook) down to 9 x 8 inches, then scored down the middle.
- I placed the paper inside the cardstock, then sewed down the middle/fold using my sewing machine. (Note: if you don't have a sewing machine, you can hand stitch or staple your project together.) You may need to trim down the sides of the graph paper due to the folding and bulk.
- I took a corner chomper tool, and rounded the right edges of my notebook.
To embellish my traveler's notebook:
- I die cut a heart from a piece of white cardstock.
- I stamped the panda image repeatedly onto the heart.
- I attached the panda heart to the front of my notebook using low profile foam tape.
- I also stamped the various panda images to the bottom right corner of some of the graph pages in my notebook. (I lightly colored some of the images as well.)
- To hold my notebook closed, I got a piece of pink & white twine, and tied it in a pretty bow.
- Blog Hop
- Card Kits
- Circle Stamps
- Fabulous 3 Spotlight
- Guest Designer
- Pop Up Cards
- Product Spotlight
- Sneak Peek
- Thank You
- Tropical Dreams
- Ways with Washi