DeNami Amazon Store

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DeNami Instagram

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Noah's Ark Shaker Card

Hi Everyone!

Elizabeth here with another fun project for DeNami Designs! Todays project is my absolute favorite kind of project! Shaker Cards! I love making shaker cards! They are so fun and easy to make!







For this shaker card I used a gender neutral plaid so that this card can be for someone expecting a boy or girl baby, or even twins. I used a frame die to create the shaker frame and kept the inside piece to use as the background in the shaker, that way I’m not wasting any paper! I stamped Congratulations on the background piece in a black ink. Next, I cut a piece of acetate just slightly smaller than the frame and used a strong tape adhesive to adhere the acetate to the frame. Then I cut some foam tape to go around the frame and adhered it the frame making sure that I didn’t leave any gaps in between the foam tape so that the sequins couldn’t escape. I set this aside to work on the ark. I stamped the Noah’s Ark on some white cardstock with a black dye ink. I kept the coloring fairly simple with Copic markers. For the zebra I used a very light grey and very light blue on top of each other and then went over that with the colorless blender to lighten it some more. This gives the effect of some shadow and the zebra still looks light. For the lion, I colored him in a yellow and then for his mane, I used a darker yellow that has hint of orange and brown, and flicked the color on his mane. Next, I fussy cut the ark out and to give it a finished look, I went around the edges, from the back, with a black marker. By doing this from the back, if I slipped then the black would be on the back of the ark instead of on the front! I adhered the ark to the frame with strong tape adhesive and glue dots. To make the card, I adhered the background to a top folding A2 card base with tape runner after carefully lining everything up. Next, I lay out my sequins on the card and spread them out over the background. I like to place the frame over the sequins to get an idea of whether or not I need to add more sequins and if so which color. Once I have the right amount of sequins, I carefully line up the frame with the background and adhere the frame to the card base. 

I loved making this card! I hope that it inspires you create some shaker cards! Until next time!

DeNami Supplies:





0 comments:

Search

Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Join DeNami InTouch

enter your email address

Blog Archive