DeNami Amazon Store

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DeNami Instagram

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Interview with Sherri

Today we have a fun interview with sweet Sherri. Her unique style has been a welcome addition to our design team this year. Come along as we get to know Sherri a little better....



How did you hear about DeNami Design?

I saw the Design Team call on the Scrapbooks Calls blog. I checked out the DeNami Design website and loved it! I immediately started participating in the blog challenges and also submitted to the Design Team call.

How long have you been stamping?

I have been stamping now for about 6 years. I began teaching stamping classes about two years ago.

How would you describe your stamping style?

I love cute and whimsical stamps, so I guess you could also use those words to describe my stamping style! I love images that you can color or paper-piece. For me, it's all about the details: layers, gems, buttons, ribbon, glitter...it's so much fun.

What is your favorite color combination to use on your projects?

I've been making a lot of cards lately with red, white, and turqouise. These colors look so fresh and clean together. I also use kraft a lot-it seems to look great with everything!

If you had to choose one go-to stamp, what would it be?

It's so hard to choose just one, but I would have to say the Cupcake Tower. It's so versatile! I've used it with the "Happy Birthday" stamp for birthdays, the Arched Sweet Friend stamp for a friendship card, and "You're a Sweetie!" from the Sweet Sayings Trifle set for a thank you card.

What is your favorite embellishment?

This is the hardest question for me because I love all embellishments! I've been using a lot of buttons lately. There are so many styles, sizes and colors to choose from, and you can vary the way they are stitched. Sometimes I use a single stitch, but usually I tie a tiny bow on top.

How many cards do you create per week?

I make cards for various design teams and submissions as well as for personal use. Right now, I've been making 10-15 cards a week. Not only is this the "busy season" for my design teams, but also in my family! We have a lot of summer birthdays and graduations, and I always make my own cards.

What is your favorite part of blogging?

I love sharing my projects with others. That's also what I love about teaching classes. I learn so much by reading other blogs and trying new techniques, and it's fun to share that with other stampers.

Any tips for new stampers?

It's so easy to get overwhelmed by all of the products available. It's important to remember that you don't need every new product to get started! Keep it simple. I recommend starting out with a black ink pad, basic cardstock colors and a handful of all-occasion stamps (a flower, a birthday cake, and a set of phrases). A set of basic phrases, such as DeNami Design's All Occasion Sentiments stamp set, is a perfect choice for new stampers.


8 comments:

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Yeah Sherri!

N Nakamura said...

We're glad to have you. Nice getting to know you better. Hope to meet you someday:)

Lisa Petrella said...

Great interview! Thanks for giving us a chance to learn more about Sherri!

Michele Gross said...

So much fun getting to learn a little bit about Sherri! :) She has such a fun cardmaking style!!

Rachael said...

Sherri simply oozes talent!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Love it! Wow 10-15 cards a week? I need some of HER mojo! :)

Ayana Posadas said...

Fabulous interview! :)
I really love the tip at the end!

Pam Elliott said...

It was nice reading Sherri's interview. I have taken classes from Sherri and have learned so much from her. Her classes were always new and exciting. She's a very patient teacher as well.
You go girl!
Pam from Maine

Search

Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Join DeNami InTouch

enter your email address

Blog Archive