DeNami Amazon Store

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DeNami Instagram

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, December 5, 2014

Focusing on the Sentiments

Hi Friends,

How is your Christmas preparations going? If you are like me, as soon as Thanksgiving is over, the mad dash begins! I have so many ideas and aspirations of what I want to accomplish during the Christmas season that it can be daunting. I am not a perfectionist, actually, I should rephrase that, I am a recovering perfectionist. So everything doesn't have to be perfect. I look at the big picture and see the big things that mean the most to me to do.

For me making memories and sending out our family love is first and foremost with regards to activities. I like to keep things simple and enjoy the process. Sending out Christmas cards is one of those important things to me. It is the one time of year I reach out to distant relatives, old friends and out of town people I never get to see. It takes time to prep, but it is my gift of love to them. I love Christmas and love sharing the love and joy it brings.

The message of Christmas is so important. That is a "why" of what we do it  for. Today, Tammy shares with us how you can use the message to be central in your card. This concept is great for all kinds of occasions. It can be for birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, holidays... It also stretches out your stamp sentiments to not just being inside a card, but can be the showpiece.

Tammy explains how she put this cheery card together. Read below for her take.

Hello DeNami Friends,

Tammy here again with a card showcasing one of DeNami Design new release sentiments as the focal point.







I started this card by piecing together the patterned papers and adding to the Hunter Green card base.  I then wrapped the piece over the connection of the papers with white seam binding ribbon which I tied in a fussy bow and embellished with a bow made of raffia topped with a red button laced with red hemp twine.
Next I die-cut a scallop oval shape on white cardstock. I stamped the Peace Hope Joy sentiment in the center using Olympia Green Ink. I used a die-cut of Holly I had leftover from a previous project and added them to the lower right of the oval framed sentiment. You can add anything for an embellishing touch. Lastly, a trio of pearls was added to the upper right corner to complete this Christmas card.

I hope you enjoyed my card today! Be sure to check out the new release here.

Thanks for stopping by!
~Tammy~

http://somewhereunderthesune.blogspot.com/



0 comments:

Search

Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Join DeNami InTouch

enter your email address

Blog Archive