DeNami Amazon Store

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DeNami Instagram

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, February 12, 2016

Same Card Three Ways Day 4

Hello DeNami Friends!

Today I want to show you three birthday shaker cards made in three different colors. I started off die cutting a frame out of either pink, orange or red card stock as well as a rectangle that would fit perfectly in the frame out of white card stock. To create the shaker window I used another die that cut this beautiful wavy frame. Again, I die cut it from the three different colors.




Using scotch tape, I nested the wavy frame into its negative space and adhered it at the back of the white panel. I also cut a piece of acetate which was large enough to cover the window and glued it behind the frame. I also wanted to include a sentiment and what would be better than "celebrating you". Again, depending on the color of the card, I chose a matching ink to stamp the sentiment below the wavy frame.



To create the needed dimension for the shaker material, I used a few layers of foam tape. Luckily, I had some balloon confetti lying around which was just perfect for these cards.
To assemble the card I first adhered the outer frame to a standard note card, placed a few of the balloons in the area where the shaker window would be and then adhered down the white shaker panel.


Last but not least I included this cute little owl holding a balloon. I stamped him on mix media card stock using a black hybrid ink because I wanted to color him in with watercolor brush pens. After the coloring was done, I adhered him next to the sentiment using glue dots.



DeNami Supplies:


1 comments:

Lisa Petrella said...

Super fun shaker cards!!! Like a party in each card!

Search

Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Join DeNami InTouch

enter your email address

Blog Archive