DeNami Amazon Store

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DeNami Instagram

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Winter Branch Card Ideas (Guest Post)



Hi Friends,

We have a special treat today! I have asked my friend, Tina, to write a special blogpost for you all. She is founder and writer for The DeNami Addict blog.
Not only is she a great friend of DeNami, but she has many creative ideas to share. She took the J149 Winter Branch and showed the versatility in it. Each project looks different than the other, but all equally lovely.

Let's let Tina explain it in her own words:
 
Today I want to show you a fun new way that you may not have thought of to use the DeNami Winter Branch.

First let me show you what I made this past week...









I know what you're thinking, but no, it's not the Winter Tree or the Simple Tree. Those are much larger and you could never fit three across on a standard A2 sized card. This is the Winter Branch just turned up on it's end. I stamped it at various heights then using 3 marker colors - gold, maroon & light green - I simply added dots for the leaves. I added a scalloped panel with a length of ribbon to hide the ends of the branches and there you go, an easy peasy fall themed card.


Stamps Used:


Now like I was mentioning earlier, this little branch can be changed up for soooo many different looks!

Here's a couple of ideas that that I was playing around with after making my card -




For the one on the far left I simply added the fir sprig in a dark green then using  2 lighter greens stamped over a few of the fir sprigs here and there to add contrast. For the other one I added a few sparse fir sprigs then hung some ornaments from it. Since I was just playing around my stamping isn't as good as it would be on a finished card but you get the gist of what I was trying to accomplish. For the one on the right I would firstly stamp the Winter Branch then stamp the ornaments. I'd stamp the ornaments again on a post it note or other thin scrap and cut them out for a mask before stamping the fir sprigs. 
Stamps Used:


Here's two other cards that I made ages ago using this little branch -


 








By just using a little selective inking I made a simple little branch. Isn't perfect perch for a little tweety bird? *There is a stamp with two Tweety birds holding a heart called E125 Tweety Birds with Heart, however, I don't happen to own that stamp. So, being a genius on that particular day, I improvised and used the Single Tweety Bird, Mini Heart and inked up just one bird from the Tweety Bird Border and made my own ;)

Stamps Used:



4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Great job Tina, lots of inspiration and cute ideas!!

Dorina D said...

Darling projects, and that stamp is so versatile. Nice work.

Brenda said...

What beautiful cards using this one little stamp! I love them all Tina, great job my friend!! Hugs, Brenda

Greta said...

Darling Fall card, Tina--super creative use of your stamps! All of your samples are inspiring!

Search

Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Join DeNami InTouch

enter your email address

Blog Archive