DeNami Amazon Store

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DeNami Instagram

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Spring Theme Thank You Card



Hello DeNami Friends!

Spring is coming! I can’t wait for the flowers to start blooming but since I have to wait I decided that I would create my own little piece of spring with a watercolor flower box window card. This was my first time working with watercolors and masking at the same time so there was a steep learning curve! If you saw my sneak peek on Instagram with a lot of fussy cut flowers (pic below), this is the card that I created with all those little flowers! 

To create this card I stamped the flowers on masking paper and fussy cut them out. I placed all of the flowers on some watercolor paper where I wanted them and then stamped the window with black waterproof ink. Next, I carefully removed and stamped all of the flowers in the same ink. I was careful to start with the top layer of masks and work my way down. After that, I watercolored each of the flowers making sure to not to color flowers that were next to each other so that the colors wouldn’t bleed together. I did this with each of the images until everything was colored in. Also, I let each image dry before completely before I would color an image that was next to it. This is what took a while. I could have used a heat tool to dry everything but I chose to let everything air dry. After the coloring was complete, I used a stitched rectangle die to trim down the piece and adhered it to my card front. On the inside of the card I stamped the Thanks a Bunch sentiment in black ink. I hope that you enjoyed my project! Until next time!




Here is my fussy cutting process pic.




DeNami Supplies:




http://elizabethgcreations.com

1 comments:

Lisa Petrella said...

Wow! Elizabeth, this is fantastic!!!

Search

Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Join DeNami InTouch

enter your email address

Blog Archive